Sunday, October 16, 2005

Check this sentence out...

The World Series will be held in Chicago.

And somewhere else, too, no doubt. But

THE WORLD FRICKIN' SERIES WILL BE HELD IN CHICAGO.

Unbelievable. I watched the game tonight, and I have to say that the White Sox deserve it. 4 complete games by their pitching staff in the LCS against Anaheim. Does any team get 4 complete games from its pitchers over a whole season?!?! That's crazy talk.

My brother-in-law was wondering who to root for in the MLB playoffs, and I said I'd root for the Sox. I don't regret it. Being out here in L.A. and seeing them win was great. I get WGN, so I immediately turned to the news after the game to see the celebrations. Those south side drunks were remarkably well behaved. I was expecting to see at least five buildings in flames and some overturned cars. And get this: not one, not two, but THREE of the people interviewed talked (slurred) about welcoming Cubs fans into the celebration. Now that's just nuts. Drunken Sox fans welcoming Cubs fans to celebrate with them?!?! I don't know if you're supposed to get a warm fuzzy feeling right before Armageddon, but I gots me one. Maybe it's because I live in L.A. now and the mere sight of the Chicago skyline chokes me up these days, but I think it's fan-fuckin-tastic. I hope they win the whole thing.

The only thing that makes me bitter is that John Thomas, that ungrateful son of a bitch, is actually in Chicago right now. He couldn't even be bothered to take out his fantasy football wide receiver who was on a bye this week, and the prick still beat my brother-in-law. The lazy bastard hasn't even seen the smack I've been talking about him on the FF site (or here, now). I'm gonna kick him in his nuts twice as soon as he sets foot in this town. I hope he's been watching the series, though. He's actually an Angels fan. HA HA!

Ready? Cause you're not gonna see this too often coming from me...

GO WHITE SOX!

maybe from now on I'll just say:

GO CHICAGO!!!!

2 comments:

Gina said...

I'm totally with you, dude! GO CHICAGO!

(Plus, I told Chris they were gonna win the World Series before the playoffs even started, so how much would I love to be right about that? Think he would EVER stop hearing it from me. No.)

G

Gina said...

Where's this post about my post or whatever you said? Did I miss somethin'?

Jes' Plain Dum