I had noble intentions of writing an extremely riveting entry about the greatest ball game I’ve ever seen, and I was gonna do it weeks ago (right after it happened). Since then I’ve been to a wedding in Vegas where some Mexican food made me slightly ill, I got two hours of sleep, drove home the next day and went to work for six and a half hours, lost my phone, and got genuinely sick (head cold). Oh yeah, and the Dodgers got knocked out of the playoffs. So who cares about that shit.
It was a great game though. I left work early to go, couldn’t get tickets even from a scalper, and had to watch the game from a bar down the street (I know, I HAD to go to a bar – life is fucking cruel). The Dodgers overcame a 4 run deficit TWICE. The second time was in the 9th inning, when I said, and I quote “Man, four home runs in a row would be nice right about now.” Which is exactly what happened. Everyone’s head exploded in the bar, especially the guy who had come in and seen that the Dodgers were losing 4-0 in the 4th and sold his tickets. He was elated about that. Then, in the 10th inning the Padres took the lead back by one run. Nomar Garciaparra got up to bat and hit a walk off homer to win the game. Unbelievable. I only regret not getting in because it was free blanket night. Sure would be nice to have the blanket from that game. It’s a nice blanket.
I’m working now, 7 days a week and about 11-13 hours a day. Got a legal temp job that actually pays pretty well, especially with all the overtime factored in. So that’s fantastic after 3 years of not earning a paycheck. I went to the dentist, had groceries delivered, bought some clothes, paid the bills, ordered a $10,000 a night call girl, and generally just took care of the little things. It’s a good feeling.
Since I’m in front of a computer all day long, it’s a little more than ridiculous that I haven’t blogged in forever, but I’m comfortable enough in the job now to relieve moments of ennui with personal endeavors (actually that moment came 1.4 hours into the first day, I’m just lazy). But I’ll be blogging 6 or 7 thousand times a day now to catch you all up. Because you care.
Next up: why you should or should not wait 21 years to have your retainer removed.
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey dude!! Don't mean to give away your next entry, but I'm sorry that your temp job is up. And for the cold you gots. I'd call you but I'm going to be as good as dead to everyone I know for the next two weeks. I'll be in school, yes, Saturdays and Sundays getting injections in my F#$KING FACE. And giving them, too. So I guess I'll talk to you in November.
Love, G
Welcome to the world of all teeth-no silver club!! I wanna see your smile damn it! Briton
Still getting used to not having the old retainer. Did you go to Chavez and get the one that he mounts permanently on the back of your teeth? And by permanently, I mean with the occasional wiring popping out and cutting the hell out of your tongue until you get a dentist to cut that piece? And then he asks you why you still have it on...
I went and had him take it off about a year ago and am still not used to that smooth sensation behind my teeth. And dammit, wouldn't you know that two of my bottom teeth shifted? Guess I should have left it on into middle age...
Brooke
Post a Comment