So. While kitty did what he could to help tidy up the place, I set about finishing this damn thing.

I attached another 2 x 4 and tube the same way I'd done the last one, just a little longer this time for height.


Then I attached another wood round, and to do that I had to lay the whole thing down, cause it was too tall to work on otherwise.

For this level I decide to make a little backstop since I didn't want him falling off the very top. I cut the remaining piece of the Sonotube and used that as a wall, stapling and gluing it. It didn't seem totally sturdy, and it had seams, so I used a small piece of wood at the seams to secure it. I put another piece or two along the inside so I'd have something to glue the carpet to.


I glued pieces of carpet in between as spacers.
Then I glued a strip around the edge.
Finally I used the leftover scraps to carpet the rest, and voila! A big ass cat tree in 383 easy steps. Believe it or not, I considered adding more, but I was just about out of carpet. Anyway, it was time to return the jigsaw to Home Depot, if I could get the cat to give up the box.


Anyway, the kitty city/ewok village/spaceport is done, whatever it is.
He loves it. Thank God for that. Every morning he peeks over the little crow's nest at me like "What the hell? Why aren't you building me something?"

2 comments:
IN. SANE. And the best kitty pictures ever! I loved it.
Now finish that mosaic table.
I was happy to finally see the mosaic table. It will be amazing when it is done. It is already 1/4 amazing.
In the 7th pic from top, kitty's feet have left the ground in a jump, or else he is dangling from the crow's nest. Which? Cool photography.
And the last two are just to die for. The one of him stretching up to put his front paws on the ceiling--Oooooh! And I'm not even a cat lover!
Post a Comment