Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Allow me to splain sunsing to joo

Alright, so I haven't posted in a couple tree months. Apparently my plan for building up the same amount of anticipation for every post as there was for the first is going to be problematic. Fine. Whatever. So why did I wait so long to post again? Well, being the magnanimous son of a bitch that I am, I'll let you decide. Here are your choices:

1) Screw you, that's why.

2) I am incredibly busy. And by busy I mean lazy. And by lazy I mean lazy.

So that's that taken care of. Jesus. I'm exhausted. I don't know how long I can keep this up. But I'll tell you what, dear reader. I'll make you this promise. I promise to update this site whenever I damn well feel like it from now on. And I even promise to try to feel like it once or twice a week. But I make no promises.

The other thing that should be explained, I suppose, is the url for this blog. See, at first I was going to call this site something I found incredibly funny that my sister said, having to do with the word apeshit. But then I couldn't remember what it was, so I was going to just call this site plain ole apeshit. I have always found this word very funny. If you thought it was two words, you're wrong. It's one.

The image of gorillas (for that's the kind of ape I always pictured in this context) throwing their shit around (which they don't do) amuses the hell out of me, and that it should be used to describe someone going crazy is even more pleasing. So, had I called the site "apeshit", the address would have made sense. I went ahead and registered the name with blogspot and then promptly changed my mind about the title, when the scintillatingly brilliant current title struck me as out of nowhere. A diamond bullet to the mind if you will. And that's that.

God, aren't all you people who told me to post again kicking yourselves in the nuts right now? I thought so. And congratulations on being able to kick yourself in the nuts. That ain't easy.

I guess the good thing about posting more often is that I can be incredibly boring most of the time and it will be all your fault. But seriously, thanks to all of you who wanted me to blather again. In the immortal words of Mike Bradecich,

I LOVE YOU. (don't worry mike, I won't steal that too many times).

6 comments:

Gina said...

I like that anyone browsing through your "archive" would find only one post for each month. Psshh! Archive! You just haven't earned it yet, baby!

It took me forever to post this comment. Blogger has gone apeshit!

I hate it when I can't remember brilliant things that I've said!

Also, thanks for making my day! Goddam, you funny!

G

DP said...

My favorite part was how the space under "previous posts" was blank. All that nice white space, gone. Alas.

M. Annie said...

I have seen some funny ones. I have seen some weird ones. I have even seen some ho-hum ones. But I have now seen the BEST damn title of a blog ever. I mean ever. It's perfect. Cannot be improved upon.
I can go to my grave (not anytime soon, I hope) knowing that I have two scintillatingly (God, I love that word) brilliantly witty articulate kids. Now, how proud am I, I ask you??
And I am not apologizing for my mother love. So there.

The Conversationalists said...

Mrs. Hull, if you enjoyed that posting title, just wait until you read David's script for the "Muy Lunch" episode of "The Simpsons."
The dialogue for the mexican waiter is some of the most delicious phonetic humor you'll have the good fortune to ever sample.

Gina said...

One entry per month. You are angering me.

G

The Conversationalists said...

Seriously, I think you're missing the point of this altogether. You're really horrible at it.