Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Blog

What a weird word. I think there should be a candy bar called Blog. Or maybe a plastic container with a bright green substance inside similar to "Evil Horde Slime", only you can eat it. A snack of slime called Blog. I would buy the shit outta that. Remember slime? It was sold in gumball machines (the prize kind, not the gum kind). It was just....slime. It wouldn't stick to anything though. It was wet, yet not wet. Crazy. That was a toy.

Also, does anyone remember those miniature musclemen things? They were like the size of your fingernail, and made of pink rubber. You had to look closely to see the details. Each one was different. That doesn't sound like much, except that you could buy them 300 at a time. Or less. Jason Pastori had thousands of em, and we never did find two alike. They were like little superheroes. I guess you were supposed to pit them against each other or something. One would have six arms, one a cannon in his chest, etc. Someone please tell me what those were called, it's drivin me nuts.

As you can see it's a ramble post. I haven't posted in some time so I thought I better not get back to my old ways. But I was sick for about 10 days with an intermittent sore throat, so that's my excuse. I hate sore throats. Give me vertigo and explosive diarrhea before a sore throat.

Back to blog. It reminds me of two things. 1) That song from Ren & Stimpy (sung to the tune of the slinky theme): "It's log, it's log - it's big. It's heavy. It's wood." And 2) something from an old book of Dave Letterman's top 10 lists. If you ever see those you should buy them. They're funny. This one was Top 10 failed candy bars, and one was "Roger Ebert's Mystery Log." Goddamn that's funny.

Other lists included Top 10 failed kids' games, with such notables as Traffic Tag, The Junior Electrician's Outlet Exploration Kit, and "Will It Burn?" by Parker Bros.

So what else? My fantasy football team SUX. Best wide receiver - out for the season. Other WR's - can't catch a cold. Super star pro bowl all time favorite QB - looks like he's been practicing interceptions and fumbles all summer, and was sacked so hard he bruised his chest. Favorite RB - calf injury. JT's team looks to be an unstoppable juggernaut though. Good thing I invited him into the league. Bastard. Oh yeah and now my brother-in-law has taken to rubbing in the fact that I don't have T.O. and he does, and his brother, who trounced me in the first week, has taken to making references which allude to me being a homo-sexsual (pronouned in Stewie's voice from Family Guy). Whatever dicks.

I guess that's about it. Started working out again, which really hurts. Watched the ENTIRE US Open while sick. I mean every single friggin' match. That was cool. And no commercials thanks to tivo. John McEnroe is my hero, btw, but that's for another blog.

he he. I said blog.

3 comments:

Gina said...

I'm posting a comment so that your blog post will be formally recognized.

- Super Happy Fun Time Yum Yum Clown Monkey

1UP RPG said...

I think those little plastic eraser like guys were just called Muscles. Except I think it was spelled M.U.S.C.L.E.S. like it was an acronym for some special military unit. My husband would probably know what it stood for, as he can also sing the entire GI JOE theme song, complete with narration.

1UP RPG said...

Oh yeah! I had those! In tiny Malden where I grew up you could only buy them in 4-packs at Wal-Mart. But the first time I went to a "real" toy store in St. Louis, I bought one of those big packs of like 100. I also got the M.U.S.C.L.E. wrestling ring, where you could strap two of them into little "arms" that you then controlled with little joysticks. You'd bop 'em up against one another 'til one of 'em fell off. He was the loser. Do a Google search for "muscle toy" for a fun memory lane trip.
Oh yeah... MUSCLE (Millions of Unusual Small Creatures Lurking Everywhere)