You cannot imagine how pissed I am right now. I just wrote a 1500 word masterpiece on my laptop and the freaking thing froze on me. I should have known better. It's taken to doing that whenever I'm in the middle of something important, like my return-from-hiatus blog post.
[deep, annoying sigh]. It wasn't really that great, but I did recount almost all of what I did over christmas (I mean holiday) break, and I just don't know if I have it in me to do it again. Besides, the two people who read this thing were there.
I gave Rachel props for getting me to post again, which I will repeat because she never comes out of hiding and commented on my last entry for the first and what is surely to be the last time. So thanks for that ass-kickin siggy. As your smack talk motivates me in bowling, so it goes with my blog.
So let's see if I can recap some shit. I took an IL newbie on a tour in one day that included Marshall's, Wrigleyville, the Sears tower skydeck, the signature room at the top o' the cock, the Twisted Spoke, and a new year's eve party. Made me miss that town and seeing everyone made me miss my peeps. Had a great time with Matt, my sis and bro-in-law, the wookies, the southern IL fam, the kids, and everyone else. Much love!
Another thing worth repeating: if you're in wrigleyville stop in at the sports corner on sheffield and addison across the street from the creepy Harry Carey statue and get the grilled (not boiled) Chicago dog with garlic fries and a goose island beer. I don't eat hot dogs as a rule, but there are times when ya gotta, such as when giving someone a tour of the city. I had one in NYC from a street cart that had mustard and carmelized onions and was fantastic. This one was even better. Everything but the kitchen sink, including a serrano pepper, and the garlic fries were like eating pure garlic. Delish. The barkeep said they even had to tone them down because people were complaining. I wish I'd had those.
What else? Got back to L.A. to a shitstorm of trying to get my last semester in order. I was trying to get an externship (yes, they call them that in law school, no I don't know why) somewhere for credit so I could take one less final and possibly make some job contacts. I was going on two interviews a day at one point, and had to make about 6 adjustments to my schedule at school, but I finally got one. I was actually offered two, one at the MPA (the motion picture association) that would have been for a smarmy little georgetown guy who didn't know what entertainment law was, and it would have involved me helping write handbooks for cops to use in arresting people for pirating movies. They also expected us to do research on the links between film piracy and terrorism, so they could show the public that there was a connection. Not my kind of gig.
The one I got is much better. It's for a film studio called Nu Image, which is run by the king of B movies. They've made such classics as Jurassic Shark, Chumscrubber, MegaSnake, Shark Man, Snake Man, Skeleton Man, Zombies (starring Frank Stallone), Rats, Today You Die, The Snake King, Larva, Alien Lockdown, Shark Attack 3: Megalodon, Crocodile 2: Death Swamp (also called the Death Roll), Octopus 2: River of Fear, Spiders 2: Breeding Ground, Disaster, Panic, Tornados, Earthquake, Cyborg Cop I, II, and III, Bloodsuckers (aka Alien Shooter in Japan), Before It Had a Name, Death Train, Terror Train, Lunarcop, and my all time favorite name for a film, ever. MANSQUITO.
Now, they're going into production on several big budget films including some starring Scarlett Johannsen, Al Pacino, Danny Devito, Bruce Willis, etc. Pretty crazy, but a great time to be at the company. Anyway, it's interesting. Today Molly Sims of tv's Las Vegas and the movie Starsky and Hutch asked me where the casting office was. My boss is in love with her and it happened right outside his office moments after he left. I cannot wait to tell him about it tomorrow.
So, I'm working during the day and going to school til 10 at night, and I also signed up for tennis lessons and I'm bowling weekly. I got a super sweet ball that I love, and will soon post pics of. Suffice it to say I'm a busy mofo. But I will try to keep this thing going at a regular pace from now on. Once you read this post, which will be never because you've all given up on me ever posting again, then you can start checking it again frequently, I promise. HAHA! HA HA HA HA! As if.
Speaking of that, though, and pretending that anyone checks this thing frequently, a friend showed me a pretty cool thing called bloglines. It's a blog aggregator that lets you check all your blogs from a central location (I think) and also tells you when there's a new entry. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds swell. Especially for people who are sick and fukkin tired of checking my blog and seeing the same year old post.
Damn, that was a long post, huh? When it rains it pours, bitches!
Monday, January 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Ok, so I guess that bloglines is only for established"news" sources, not little pieces o crap like mine. But whatever, it's still cool for you know-it-all types.
Small world. A friend of mine from high school in Dallas was a co producer on Chumscrubber. Lee Clay.
As for Bloglines, you can add anything to Bloglines that has an RSS feed. Your rss feed, for example, is http://flungclodfeces.blogspot.com/atom.xml
Plug that baby in there, and viola. Many web pages have a little RSS icon. You click it and you see a page with a bunch of XML. Just copy the URL and paste that into a new feed in Bloglines.
It's not just blogs, either. I have feeds of my Netflix queue, my flickr account, Monster.com agent searches, Craigslist job postings, etc.
The only thing "established" about these is that there is an "established" url to point to an XML schema that Bloglines can read (RSS 1 & 2, and Atom, that I know of).
HOORAY!!! The prodigal son has returned! and you said i would never post again! in your face!!!!!
"Today You Die!" Holy shit, are all those titles for real?? I am endlessly jealous.
Tell Siggy I love her. Thanks for the post! I posted too! I posted too!
Ball picture! Ball picture! And I never EVER thought I would say that to my brother.
Sis
1) That ball better have an image of a skull in some form on it somewhere. It doesn't have to be a full-out Skull-Ball like Garafolo (don't care about spelling) had, but it better at least have a skull sticker on it or something.
2)In describing how nice it was to see people, I can't believe I've been relegated to the "and everyone else" category. You go to hell and you die.
Mike - you're so vain. I bet you think this post is about you. - C
No, I think it's NOT about me, and that's the problem.
Post a Comment