Sunday, July 16, 2006

You will all be extremely pleased and relieved to know

that while I am studying for the bar I am growing a beard.



Whatchoo got on yer mahnd, son?





Doohuh?


13 comments:

Gina said...

Wuh?!! Dude! Seriously, if you walked past me on the street, I would be thinking "That dude almost looks like Dave Patinella! Funny..." and just keep walking...

I had a doppelganger at DePaul, actually... That was kinda' freaky...

- C

M. Annie said...

Yeah. I actually like the beard. But who is the guy in the photo?? I think it's the eyes, definitely the eyes. Weird freaky experience, to look at a photo of your son and not be sure it's your son. But the beard--yeah, I think you should go with it. Of course, if you were in Illinois right now, you couldn't stand it because it is 98 % humidity and around 100 degrees. It would itch.

Gina said...

Yeah!! I'm with everyone else. I dunno who the hell you are in these photos!!! I can definitely see Pops in there. But there's an X-factor, too. A Bare X factor.

This post is hoo-larious!! Keep the beard, s'good.

Love, G

DP said...

I am a bearded, hillbilly chameleon.

I'm considering using these as headshots on professional auditions.

I have to say, though, I expected more comments about the hat. It says "Freedom" and has a deer on it. C'mon, people!

1UP RPG said...

I thought the hat was the best part. Yer ready for the Kan-kee Coun-ee fair!

Anonymous said...

Let us not overlook the fine use of accessories with the toothpick. The hat, the beard, or the toothpick alone - insignificant, but the three of then together, brilliant!

DP said...

and the wifebeater!

M. Annie said...

I put the second photo up on my desktop for 2 days, and then it made me so uncomfortable, I removed it. Whoa. It's that haunted look in the eyes. And you look like you've lost 20 pounds. I'll be glad when that d--ned exam is over.
The accessorization works well, I think. A Country Boy Can Survive.

DP said...

Well, I wasn't going for "haunted", and I've actually gained weight this summer. You do realize I made these facial expressions on purpose, right?

See, there was this guy travelling through Kentucky. He stopped at a gas station that sold liquor, and asked the clerk "Do you have Evan Williams?" The clerk responded, "Do huh?"

That's the look I was going for.

M. Annie said...

A haunted redneck, I meant. Haunted by the ghosts of all the other tourists who stopped by to ask for Evan Williams and got lured into the back where there was an outhouse, and when they went in, Earl(the clerk)-- well, his insane homocidal maniac brother Leon waylaid them and chopped off their arms and legs and heads and stuck the body parts down the hole.
First of all Earl is looking at the customer, who is looking at Earl's hat, and Earl is thinking: "Iss boy lookin' at my hat sideways, like he some kinda wildlife treehuggin' freak er sumpin', he gon' git his high falutin' city ass chopped up an' stuck in the terlet, soon's he axes iffen there is one."
That's what I meant.

Gina said...

Well, that's a conversation stopper. If we were all in one room, we would all have abruptly stopped laughing to all look at Mom. Fearfully.

G

Gina said...

And I think the feds should look their files over for a crime that matches those details, you know, just in case.

G

Anonymous said...

arch is hiring a truck driver. you kinda look like you could apply! ;) BP