Thursday, August 25, 2005

I'm so good I'm even inspiring hatred by accident!

Ok, so those of you who post blogs know that sometimes you're inspired by an idea that you just have to write about immediately. It's brilliant and hilarious and everybody's gotta know about it. Other times you just slap something up there because you're totally out of ideas and you have to take a crap. You do a five line blurb about some uninteresting bullshit, like what you had for breakfast, say, or the name of your new bowling team.

That's what I thought my last post was. And then Mike posted a comment (which was pretty funny). But I had no idea how serious he was. I thought, oh he's just giving me crap. He doesn't really want one of those shirts. Really, I thought that. For Mike Bradecich to give someone a guilt trip over something he's totally uninterested in is par for the course. I've seen him harangue someone for 6 1/2 hours until they were on their knees, crying and begging for forgiveness, only to be answered by the sound of his maniacal laughter. It's what he does. But apparently, he really wants one of these goddamn shirts.

Now, here's the rub. Mike is gonna love this. I posted my own comment on my last post, in answer to his, and I included the information on how he could obtain one of these shirts. The cost? A mere 29.95. A pittance, and I now know it's an amount far below what he's willing to pay. I made a joke about wanting to see him wearing this shirt (WITH pants).

Then I just happened to check out his blog, and I was awestruck. Never in my life have I received such an honor. I believe I'm the only person ever to step above Greg Schaertl in Mike's hatred. I mean I know he has mad photoshop skills, but it still must have taken a while to change the entire name of his site to reflect his hatred of me!

I immediately went back and deleted the comment.

Can you blame me? I gotta ride this train til the wheels fall off. I mean, once I tell him where to get the supersweet bowling shirt, his site will go back to being Mike Hates Greg, and my 15 minutes are up! Ask yourself, WWMD? Would he drag this out a little bit? You betcher ass he would. I'd probably get a letter on my death bed telling me where I could get the shirt. I'd get weekly pictures of him and all his friends wearing the shirt.

What I really should do is this. I should email Greg Schaertl (and other people) the info on where to get the shirt, have them all order one, then have a party, make sure Mike is there, and have everyone be wearing the shirts.

Or get everyone he knows to buy one and show up to one of his improv shows wearing the shirt.

What to do with my new found power? The possibilities are endless.

Maybe I should leave it up to the people... I could be like Pontius Pilate and see what the masses want. What say you, rabble? Jesus or Barabbus? I'm sure I spelled that wrong.

I'm gonna go save a copy of Mike's new blog logo before he changes it. Now THAT is supersweet.

2 comments:

Gina said...

GIVE US THE SHIRT! GIVE US THE SHIRT! We'll crucify him on it!

Bof' em

Anonymous said...

Hey Dave, I just wanted to say that everybody here at work LOVED your shirt. We just got 50 of them to wear at our office Christmas Party / Bowl-a-rama. I'll send you pics!