Friday, May 09, 2008

my boss just called me

to say, from his office next door, that "It's comical to people when we both answer emails. Here's what we'll do to avoid it in the future: When you get an email and we're both copied, wait one hour. If you haven't seen a response from me after one hour, then you can respond."

Or, you could just read your emails before hitting reply, and you'd see that I had already responded.

I will now race to be the first person to respond to all emails on which we are both copied. Every. Time.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Geez. Let me guess. This is one of those guys who, if you go to his desk and look at his screen, you'll see that Outlook is up there with a minimum of 50 messages that are still marked as unread?

I have people who do that at work all the time as well. They're just freaking unorganized - period. Me and other programmers will be copied in on something marked urgent - y'know, something that's affecting a major client's site or something. So I see it and I respond immediately and reply to all, with something like "I know what this is. I'll get it. Should have it fixed within the next 5 minutes."

Well, 30 minutes after I've already e-mailed everybody to say that I've fixed the problem, the other programmer who had been copied in will do a reply all and say "I'll look at it."

Ooooooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

First off - it was marked urgent. Maybe you should check your mail more often than every 30 minutes?

Secondly, ya, like you said - READ YOUR OTHER F***ING MESSAGES! I ALREADY TOOK CARE OF IT!!!

I can't stand it...

- bb

Gina said...

Hm. I think it is better business to keep everyone waiting an hour for a resoponse, don't you? Just my BUSINESS instinct...