Wednesday, June 15, 2005

And Again.

This is just a note to say two things:

1) I want to publicly thank M and A for donating to the noble cause of my friend Niki, who had cancer two years ago and now runs marathons (for cancer research), and is trying to raise money to run another one this year (for cancer research). I emailed just about all of my good friends, family, and even some people who hate me (who I guess are excused - no wait that's a large group - I take that back) and some people I barely know (who I will track down later) and some people who I hate (who I will track down later for other reasons). Despite my crackerjack marketing efforts, and the fact that I mentioned that ANY amount would be welcome (even one dollar), only one party donated.

Soon-to-be-new-parents M and A.

This has several long-term consequences for all of you. Especially those of you still lucky enough to come into contact with M in the real world.

Two things I command:

1) anyone who has any kind of beef with Mike or Abby (though this certainly pertains only to Mike, as I've never known anyone to have a beef with Abby) before October (when the marathon is run) must swallow their argument and, in the presence of Mike's undoubtedly egotistical and uninformed alcohol-fueled opinion, NOT SAY ANYTHING. Why? Because,

2) I give Mike the right (though he could and hopefully will take anyway) to answer any argument he's presented with from now until October with the response "I HELPED CURE CANCER, BITCH. WHAT'D YOU DO?" He may vary the wording of this so long as the effect is the same, and may punctuate said declaration with a kick to the groin Bobby Hill style, a punch to the face, or any other agony-inflicting move of his own or his wife's choosing.

Now, a caveat. Anyone who donates to said marathon fund is exempt from having to take the above crap from Mike (or Abby in the extremely unlikely event she should be goaded by her husband into enacting some loophole in this agreement, and by her flood of hormones be unable or unwilling to disagree with such goading).

Did I mention that if runners don't raise enough money they can't run? Yeah. So if you deleted my last email and you happen to be unfortunate enough to be reading this, please listen to your guilt and FIGHT CANCER, WHICH MY FATHER DIED OF, at:

I Am Definitely Not A Gay Communist Lefty Pinko Faggot Who Loves Cancer and The People Who Bombed The Twin Towers! GO AMERICA!!!!!!

This particular run happens to be geared toward curing leukemia, lymphoma, and Hodgkins disease, so the above guilt trip is not misplaced. My dad died of non-hodgkins lymphoma. A downer, to be sure, but think of this: the girl you're sponsoring will be wearing a hat that says: FUCK CANCER.

And, if nothing else, you'll be able to stop Mike from being able to say he's better than you. How many times can you say that?

Oh yeah, and the second thing was that no one seems to be reading this blog anymore. I can understand this, as I am guilty of not posting for two or three months at a time. So I guess I'm the boy who cried wolf. Except I've been posting every other day for about a week now, and I refuse to believe that...aw hell it's too soon. I'll give it some more time.

But now that I'm posting the comment drought is killing me. Except for: Chris, when I talk about the Cubs, and Mike, when I talked about the Simpsons. Incidentally, I invoked the wrath of God years ago when I said that Futurama was funnier than the Simpsons. I stand by my statement, and totally agree with you that another year of Futurama would be way better. A Futurama movie would be the SHIT. Wait - you don't know anything, do you? DO YOU??????!!!!!!!!???????

10 comments:

Gina said...

I've yet to inform your sis that you've started posting regularly. She'll be really pissed at me when she finds out that I knew and didn't tell her, but I just thought it would be more fun for her to just wander to your page randomly one of these days and find that you've made 11 posts since the last time she checked. Sorta' like finding $20 in that jacket you haven't worn for two years...

Serendipitously yours,
Chris

DP said...

Christopher, I love you, no matter what Greg Schaertl or my posts to your blog or Mike's blog or my own private journal say.

Thank you for being loyal and continuing to check my blog regularly for months and months after my own sibling and only family left on planet earth gave up on me for dead...maybe you shouldn't tell her. Then she can have the feeling of commenting uselessly on posts that were put up centuries ago and will never be checked again, something akin to the feeling I get when I miss the 15-minutely (a phrase I just invented) updated blog of yours. [/self pity]

Gina said...

Quantity, not quality.

- C

The Conversationalists said...

This is the Best. Day. Of. My. Life.

Gina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
1UP RPG said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Conversationalists said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DP said...

I had to delete some of the comments to this post as a favor to a certain someone whose last name was mentioned several times. In an effort to protect the not so innocent. But here's what the deleted posts said:

G said:

I just gave that girl an insanely huge amount of money, my husband will be pissed, but should he yell at me? I will simply tell him, "If you didn't want me to feel so badly, you should have told me that my brother was posting, you fucker." Eh. I'll be eating saltines for two months but it's a tax writeoff.

You had me at the "Fuck Cancer" hat.

Now I want a hat that says, "Fuck Mike"

---------------

B said:

Address labels. What this girl needs are some address labels. Some charity sent me a request for a donation and there were address labels in there and I felt like I should give them some money since they sent me a GIFT and all and it's like that fiver opened the flood gates for all the address label-making charities from Vets on Wheels to the ASPCA. I don't send them all money, but I do have a nice variety of various "Ms.___________" labels to use for my bill-paying (I hate to use nice address labels or pretty stamps for bills. They get a charity label and a flag stamp. As they comment in the play *Lonely Planet*, if they made a stamp that said, "here's your F****** money" I would use that.) But I digress.
I will be visiting her site and donating to the cause (and not just because I want Mike to have anything on me.)

-------------

J said:

Um... I received no such e-mail. I forgive you because you and I are somewhat removed. However, let the following be known...
1. Had I received the e-mail asking for $$ to help fight cancer, I would have (and still will if you send me the damn e-mail) support such an event.
2. My mother also died from cancer so should there be hat made that say "Fuck Cancer" I'd like one please.
3. I will not cow-tow to Mr. Mike for any reason... principle. And I too want a hat that says Fuck Mike.
4. I will cow-tow to Mrs._______ any time, any day because she's cool as shit! Go mommy-to-be!
That's all!

-------------

M said:

If anyone creates a hat that says "Fuck Mike" I will come to your house with my sharpie and write "May I Please" above the words and a question mark after them.
Then I will put the hat on your head, look up at it and read it as though for the first time, look you in the eye, and say "No."
Can you imagine what that will do for your ego?