Friday, June 10, 2005

The Boston Massacre

Chicago Cubs: 14, World Champion Boston Red Sox: 6.

Oh yeah, and Greg Maddux got his 5th career home run.

That's all exciting and great, but the more important thing is that I watched this game while "working from home." And the most important thing is this: I watched it on Tivo.

Am I pulling out the technology i.v. and freeing myself from being stuck in front of the idiot box? Or am I shoving it further in? Answer: I don't care.

Tivo is AWESOME. I can now send out my minions, the Tivo bots, to mercilessily hunt down my favorite tv shows where they hide, beat them into submission, and drag them back to me kicking and screaming. They must then wait in a holding cell, huddled together and cowering in fear, knowing that at any moment I might suddenly decide to force them to come out and perform on my whim. They must be exactly as entertaining as they would have been had they not been imprisoned for the last several days, awaiting my brutal commands. And if it should strike my fancy, they must perform again and again until I choose to release them from their digital hell. Meanwhile, I will systematically exterminate all commercials with extreme prejudice. None of their kind shall ever again see the light of day. I HAVE SPOKEN.

Just don't make the mistake of putting ESPN Sportscenter on your season pass manager. In two days you will have over 50,000 hours of that program. It will be spilling out of your hard drive onto your living room floor. Messy.

Alright, I've spent enough time away from the tv. I have to see what Tivo has recorded for me while I've been away living real life.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I WANT. I WANT.

As we speak, today I am attempting to ween myself from my television addiction. I'm serious. I'm not turning it on, because I've come to be very, very afraid that I can't actually live without it.

But if I had TiVo? I'd stick the IV in, ramp up the Iron Chef, America's Next Top Model and the Sex in the City reruns and you would never see me again!

*shiver*

G

Anonymous said...

tell me this, will tivo work when i do not have cable tv per se'? if it will work in conjunction with a 20' cable coming out of a wall strategically wrapped around a standing tiffany lamp and under a very heavy framed picture to get so-so reception- i am there. i can see it now...i will have hours and hours of local news programming and every reality tv show aired on public television there is in this damn city.